I have no hard drives?????

I'm trying to upgrade a 4.2 system to 5.0.

It starts up (under expert, but it behaves the same under normal
install). I choose HD install, and then load the supp disk.

It asks me if I have SCSI adapters, so I choose BusLogic (since
that's what I have :) ). It then scans the SCSI bus, and then
pops up the error "Find Installation Files failed", and I get
the "Previous, Retry, Menu" screen. If I try to skip to the next
step (choosing destination, I believe), it says I don't have any
Linux partitions.

This strikes me as odd, because I'm obviously writing this message
off of some sort of Linux partition. :)

Here's what the various debugging screens say:

3:
    * running: /bin/insmod /bin/insmod /tmp/BusLogic.o
    * /proc/sys/scsi: Attached devices
      Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
        Vendor:          Mo
    * scsi devices available
    * Rev missing in /proc/sys/scsi
4:
  shows the normail BusLogic module loading stuff...
  scsi: ***** BusLogic SCSI Driver Version 2.0.10 of 11 August 1997 *****
  scsi: Copyright 1995 by Leonard N. Zubkoff <lnz dandelion com>
  scsi0: Configuring BusLogic Model BT-958 PCI Wide Ultra SCSI Host Adapter
  scsi0:   Firmware Version: 5.06J, I/O Address: 0xFFF4, IRQ Channel: 11/Level
  scsi0:   PCI Bus: 0, Device: 11, Address: 0xFFBEB000, Host Adapter SCSI ID: 7
  <snip....>
  scsi0: *** BusLogic BT-958 Initialized Successfully ***
  scsi0:   Target 0: Synchronous at 10.0 mega-transfers/second, offset 15
  scsi0:   Target 2: Synchronous at 10.0 mega-transfers/second, offset 15
  scsi0:   Target 4: Synchronous at 10.0 mega-transfers/second, offset 15
  scsi0 : BusLogic BT-958
  scsi : 1 host.
    Vendor:           Model: XP32150W          Rev: L912
  Detected scsi disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
    Vendor: NEC       Model: CD-ROM DRIVE:462  Rev: 1.13
    Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
  Detected scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 2, lun 0
    Vendor: iomega    Model: jaz 1GB           Rev: H.72
  Detected scsi removable disk sdb at scsi0, channel 0, id 4, lun 0
  scsi : detected 1 SCSI cdrom 2 SCSI disks total.
  SCSI device sda: hdwr sector= 512 bytes. Sectors= 4199760 [2050 MB] [2.1 GB]
  sda: sda1 sda2 sda3 < sda5 sda6 > sda4
  SCSI device sdb: hdwr sector= 512 bytes. Sectors= 2091050 [1021 MB] [1.0 GB]
  sdb: Write Protect is off
  sdb: sdb1 sdb2 sdb3

If I switch to screen 2, I can fdisk/mount/whatever any of the partitions
that I'd be trying to install either from or to. 'cat /proc/scsi/scsi'
yields the following:
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor:          Model: XP32150W         Rev: L912
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 00
  Vendor: NEC      Model: CD-ROM DRIVE:462 Rev: 1.13
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 04 Lun: 00
  Vendor: iomega   Model: jaz 1GB          Rev: H.72
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02

So, what can I do to make the installer see the HD? Or, alternatively,
where & as what does it mount it when it does find it, so I can do it
myself and then continue with the install?

Bill