Re: Big disk install problems

Thus spoke Kevin Chu:

> Kenneth Earl Harker wrote:
>
> > Is this something I am responsible for?  Or is the new disk broken?  How
> > can I tell if it is the disk at fault?
>
> Is it a SCSI disk?  If yes, you can probably use the utilities in your
> host adapter to low-level format the disk and/or scan the disk's
> surface(s).

Oops.  I guess I omitted that - no, it's an IDE disk.  I suppose I could
install DOS and run SCANDISK or whatever it's called...  but geez I'd rather
avoid that...  hm.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker cs utexas edu
University of Texas at Austin                  Amateur Radio Callsign: KM5FA
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124               Maintainer of the Linux Laptop Home Page