Re: Questions about Partitioning a RH 6.1 Server [I am a newbie]

Will

We used the following on a 5 x 9GB RAID5 system:

/		500mb
/boot		23mb
/home		20GB
/opt		9GB
/var		258mb

The 20GB /home is to cater for 65+ users files and the intranet
(currently 17MB).  It also has some of out IT software installation
files for easy access.  (gb for /opt as we use some of our own software
and it keeps it separate.

This works for us - hope it helps.

Matt