Re: Samba Question

		Hi Kevin!

> You must supply a
> password to make this connection:  			     resource: \\server\ipc$
> password:  I can't even access my Public shares. How can I get past this?

 Did you try hitting enter? If so, is there an entry in the /etc/hosts (or the
DNS server) for the clients? (I don't think you need to use lmhosts but it
doesn't harm) Do you use securtiy=share or user? I would use share if you are
only working with 9x machines. Use workroup= instead of domain= in this
case. Do you have an entry guest account=nobody in your global section? And
guest ok or guest only=yes in the shares section? If you are using user level
security or you have no guest account you probably need entries for the users
and/or machines in your /etc/passwd as Karl already wrote.

				Hope this helps,

				Leonard.