Recompiling the Red Hat6.2 Kernel for gateway IP Masquerading

Hi all,

I have custom installed Red Hat 6.2 Kernel Version 2.2.14-5 with the everything option successfully.

But when i tried to recompile the kernel for gateway IP masquerading i get an error

$cd /usr/src/linux
$make config
$make dep
$make clean
$make bzImage (by the way i also tried zImage and boot)

then after this step an error appear
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1.

Can anybody help me on this.

Also if you can help me set up an IP masquerading gateway using PPP as my connection to the internet and eth0 as my connection to the internal network.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks