Re: ppp0 continually redials

Check /var/log/messages (use tail -f /var/log/messages for a continual
feed) and see what happens. You may want to disable ppp0 atboot so you can
get a "new" look at it when you kick it off with

ifup ppp0

or

usernetctl ppp0 up

If you see nothing that gives the correct clue, you may wish to run netcfg
and turn debug on so you can see "both sides" of the connection. Don't
forget to turn debug back off after it's working so you don't keep filling
up disk space with stuff.

Happy "hunting"...

Karl L. Pearson
Senior uniVerse Database Analyst