Re: Sendmail failed

> [...] how come the mail is from root space1 3dsources com
> and not from someone 3dsources com   as i stated in the From field.

Setting the "from" is not as simple as it may seem in
this modern era of ESMTP.  You were logged in as root, and
the machine is named "space1.3dsources.com".  If you want
domain masquerading (and I recall correctly), you need to
set the "DM" in your sendmail.cf to "3dsources.com".

Sendmail is very tricky, and I don't recall all the quirks
to this off the top of my head.  The best thing I ever
found was the debug output for the address rewriting rulesets.
"sendmail -d20.4" and the like can get you a detailed listing
of what each ruleset is doing to your addresses.

	- Kevin Colby
	  kevinc grainsystems com