Re: Zone file

Mark Lo wrote:

> I would like to know whether my zone file is correct [...]
>
> in /var/named/named.3dsources
>
> @      IN        SOA     space1.3dsources.com.

This should be "IN SOA 3dsources.com."
You're saying "I am _the_ authority for XXX."

> 23             IN           NS    space1.3dsources.com.

Whoa.  That looks like a reverse mapping.
You need "A" records that map forward.  It looks like you
really need to review DNS before going too much farther.
Read http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/DNS-HOWTO.html and try again.

	- Kevin Colby
	  kevinc grainsystems com