Re: Bind DNS version ?

MFT wrote:

> I should make the word "Compability" more clearly.
> I meant in situtation as,
>    W2K using DDNS as master/primary DNS  for Zone "abcde.com".
>    and RH X.X DNS as secondary zone for "abcde.com"
>
>    Or vice versa,
>
>    When the primary DNS record got changed, like
>     a PPP customer dial in w/ name "johndoe.abcde.com"
>    the DNS record change will be distributed thru both RH/W2K
>     DDNS server.

Yikes!  Of course, bind is supposed to conform to the DDNS RFC,
but does MS's implementation?  I have no idea, but I wouldn't
bet on it.  MS is famous for "enhancing" protocols such that
they are now MS-only.

I would either do all-MS DNS/WINS or all-non-MS DNS.
If you _can_ get it to work though, I would be interested.

	- Kevin Colby
	  kevinc grainsystems com