Re: Fresh 6.2 install / printer diagnostics needed

"Ferris, Chris" <cferris gmgw com> writes:

> First you should rule out your hardware config by printing something
> directly to the port:  cat .bashrc > /dev/lp0
>
> If this works then you know it's inside the printtool configuration!!

I did try that before posting, both with the "test" menu on printtool
and at the command line.  No activity occurs.

To further rule out hardware troubles, I've installed a skeleton
install of win/98 on the same machine, to see if the epson900 would
work in its native habitat.  It did work immediately.  That should
rule out cable, and printer itself.

I'm a little lost as to what to do next to diagnose this problem.