reinstall packages: e.g. tetex

How can I "reinstall" , i.e., overwrite past installation of the complete
tetex packages?

After installing RH 6.0, while configuring TeX, I've "inadvertantly" removed
some critical TeX directories.  It would seem that rpm might allow me
correct my errors by doing a fresh install, but this is not all clear to me.
Do I need to utilize the RH distribution CD or what?

Best regards,
Riddle