Re: rpm for Qmail

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Mark Lo wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>      Please provide where to download the latest versions of  Qmail rpm
> for redhat linux.

Well AFAIK qmail (there is no capital Q in front of it) is *not*
distributed as preompiled binaries.

The reason for this IIRC is that DJ Bernstein (the authour of qmail) has
prohibited the distribution of qmail binaries....for more details check
out the     qmail site...

So you have to get the source from www.qmail.org and compile it..

It really isn't much trouble building from the sources..I installed qmail
and it really is great...fast...small size...100 % security...Yeah!

Kalum

Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)