Re: Books

I prefer sendmail because I took the time to read the Nutshell book on it.
Besides, it's free. Okay, not the whole book, just the parts that fixed
what I was trying to do. Now I need to learn how to use procmail . . .

I've managed an email server for the better part of 5 years on Linux
(Slackware first, then Redhat) with less than an hour of unscheduled
downtime. Actually, if I hadn't messed with ps2pdf and run my system out
of memory, I could state truthfully that I had 0 minutes of unscheduled
downtime. Sendmail is my server of choice. You still have a decision to
make and my opinion really doesn't affect that. Sendmail is not real user
friendly, however with the advent of tools like WebMin, it's much easier.

Have fun.

Karl L. Pearson
Senior uniVerse Database Analyst
Senior Unix/NT/Win Analyst