Re: reinstall packages: e.g. tetex

Here are some handy rpm options to know:

To remove a package use rpm -e. If you dont care about dependencies use rpm -e
--force --nodeps.

To re-install a package, upgrade, or install for the first time even, use rpm -U

If you want to know what version of a package you have installed use rpm -q (and
just the name of the package with no version numbers)

If you want to know the files in a package use rpm -l (or rpm -ql if you coulnt
be bothered remembering the verision numbers)

Happy rpm-ing

ERiddle cottoninc com on 02/05/2000 19:52:15

Please respond to redhat-install-list redhat com