Re: Intel 810

Recompiling a kernel can seem huge and traumatic the first time - you never get
the chance under windows. But once you learn how, it's not so daunting. Besides,
its a good way of learning about Linux, an you'll feel good with yourself after
you have done it. Have you had a look at the Kernel HOWTO? If you figure you can
follow that then you should be okay and the folks on the list should help you
out if you hit any problems.

Startx is looking for the module so it might be worth assuming it can run it if
its there. I would say you should recompile your kernel first.

Getting a new kernel (binary I presume) off the updaets might work, but that
depends whether the module is included with it.  You would need a way of
checking.

Paul.

dirk calvyn puk ac za on 03/05/2000 11:40:54

Please respond to redhat-install-list redhat com