Problems with Pansonic/MKE CDROM

Hi,

I have just installed RH6.0 on an old Pentium that uses a Panasonic/MKE
CDROM, with a CT1810 interface card. (The jumpers on the card are set for an
address of 230.) During the installation, I selected 'SoundBlaster' as the
device, which it found without any problem. However, now that the
installation is complete, Linux does not seem to be able to load an
appropriate driver for the CDROM.

I've tried the Boot option "linux sbpcd=0x230,1", and that made no
difference. I've also tried "mount -t iso9660 /dev/sbpcd /mnt/cdrom", and
got a bunch of messages from sbpcd saying it was scanning Laserwrite and
Soundblaster, but no success there either.

Anybody got a clue as to what I may be doing wrong, or any other hints?

Thanks in advance,

Darrell.