Re: RedHat 6.2: bootnet/DHCP/NFS

Could it possibly be your network card?  What kind of network card are you trying to use the boot.net with?  Do you have a cdrom drive in that machine?  If so try booting from it...  I have found that yes the boot.net works great but if you have a "clone" network card then it sometimes can be a pain.  Not RH that is the clone card.... :=)

Dave
Linux for life...Windoze is for drones...

From: Dimitri Papadopoulos <papadopo shfj cea fr>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 12:18:44 +0200

>Hi,

I am trying to install RedHat 6.2 on a machine using the latest
bootnet.img diskette. I use kickstart with DHCP and NFS. I am
asked for an installation language, keyboard type, then SCSI
drivers are loaded, and finally:

Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
'import exceptions' failed; use -v for traceback
Warning! Falling back to string-based exceptions
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 3, in ?
    import sys, os, signal
ImportError: No module named os