Re: I need some help with a PPP problem......

Roberto Perez de Britto wrote:

>     Hi,
>
>     I'm having a problem when I try to make a ppp conection.
>    These are the messages that appears in the Message Log:
> Serial connection established
> Using interface ppp0
> Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/modem
> LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests           // This is the error
> Connection terminated
> Connect time 0.6 minutes
> Exit
>
>     How can I fix this problem??

I'm having trouble with PPP also. I've read that LCP messages may be due
to your ISP using PAP rather than CHAP.

I've learned (the hard way, of course) not to make any assumptions
concerning PPP, and my ISP, which claims to be using CHAP. However, the
Redhat archieves have numerous messages about PAP being the solution to
logging onto Worldnet. I have a suspicion that Worldnet may be using
both protocols, depending on what region your in, what line your
dialing, etc...

Darryl