Re: Perl/Apache install problems

Victor,

Thanks for the help. One strange thing I just noticed is that some of the so-called missing dependencies seem to be on my system, only in different directories than Gnome RPM is looking for them.

> When I try to install the CPAN disk, I get approx. 412 missing
> dependencies, such as:
>
>      perl-MIME-Base64-2.11-5 requires libc.so.6.1
>      perl-Apache-ASP-0.15-5 requires mod_perl
>       perl-sitemapper-1.015-4 requires /bin/env
>       perl-WWW-Search-2.03-4 requires /usr/local/bin/perl
>       etc.

When I did a find on perl and env, it showed the files were on my system at the following locations:

     /usr/bin/perl
     /usr/bin/env

The implication to me is that the RPM is looking for files in the wrong location.

Results of your suggestions are below.

Type the following and see what comes up:
rpm -qa | grep perl

perl-5.00503-6

rpm -qa | grep libc

glibc-devel-2.1.2-11 libc-5.3.12-31 glibc-2.1.2-11 compat-glibc-5.2-2.0.7.1

You should be able to find mod_perl on your Red Hat cds otherwise, you can download it from the ftp
site.

There is a file "extra-SRPMS/perl-mod_perl-1.21-4.src.rpm" on the CPANdisk. Is this the one I should load.

Gnome RPM locked up on me several times during my attempts to load the CD, plus the screen saver does not work. I keep hoping Linux will be the Windows killer, but it doesn't seem ready for prime time based on the problems I keep having with Red Hat.

Willis Gregory
tacedi series2000 com