NIS uid limits in Linux?

I'm trying to connect my RH6.1 box to a Solaris network running NIS.  I'm unable
to log in.  The YP stuff is installed and working on the Linux box, and I'm able
to do ypcat on the domain, but I can't log in.  I don't get an error message
(like a "Login Incorrect"); the screen just blinks and shoves me back into a
login prompt.

Is it possible that there's a UID number limit on the Linux side?  They're up to
over 10000 UIDs on this network.

I'm using the NIS client RPM which shipped with RH6.1.

	Asher Miller
	Technical Writer
	Sun Microsystems - WGS
	asher miller sun com