crash :(

I am a beginner in Linux and I have some :) problems :

In a certain moment I saw that /etc/rc.d/rc.local wasn't executed at
boot -time. I edited the /etc/rc.d/rc and /etc/inittab files, I probably
did something wrong and, after rebooting I've got the message "cannot
execute /etc/rc.d/rc". Then I replaced in /etc/inittab the line
containing si:: ... /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit with si:: ...
/etc/rc.d/bcheckrc and ... DISASTER! When I rebooted again, i've got the
messages
     INIT: "cannot execute /etc/rc.d/bcheckrc"
     INIT: Entering runlevel: 3
     INIT: "cannot execute /etc/rc.d/rc"
     INIT: Id "1" respawing too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
     INIT: Id "2" respawing too fast: disabled for 5 minutes ...and so
on, you probably know the story!

I have a boot floppy, but not a rescue one.

Please, tell me what was wrong from the very begining, what I did wrong
and what can I do now (anything else but re-installing Linux) ?

Your sincerely,

Costi