Difficulty installing 6.2

I'm trying to install 6.2 on a Compaq box -  6.4 & 4.3 Gb IDE HD's  (primary
master & slave), IDE CD Player & 4.3 Gb IDE Hd (secondary master & slave),
Adaptec 2940 (external Zip & internal Richo CD burner), SoundBlaster value,
ATI Rage Fury -  everything seems to work just fine - all parts are
recognized, partitioning ok, formatting, installation,etc.  The only oddball
part is I've trying to RAID the 2 secondary drives together for the
experience.  When I re-boot the whole thing, I get a 'no operating system'
message.  I've tried doing the fdisk/mbr trick and then re-installing.  Got
the same result.  Prior to this, the machine was running NT with no
problems.  Any ideas - I've looked at the RH site but am not sure if the
revised 6.2 install disks are what I need or not.  Thanks in advance.

Bob