From: mgh520 yahoo com [mailto:mgh520 yahoo com]
Sent: 09 May 2000 14:23
To: redhat-install-list redhat com
Subject: Re: RedHat 6.1 installation reboots before writing partitions

Thanks for the info Stuart and Leonard.  Do you know how I can ensure that
my
boot partition is below 8 gig?  I have one 4 gig NTFS partition, but when I
create the boot partition, will it necessarily go right after the 4 gig
partition?

Leonard, you suggested trying a rescue disk.  I'm not sure what you mean by
that
or what to do with it.

I happened to look at NTs disk administrator and I noticed that the
partitions
were indeed created by the RedHat install, so I guess it's dying right after
creating the partitions.  Interestingly though, if I rerun the RedHat
install,
it does not see the partitions that were created last time, only the NTFS
partition.

Mike