RE: Win98, Linux dual boot

The best thing to do is to install Windows first, but when you do, only make a
Windows partition that fills part of the disc - up to below cylinder 1024. You
might not have this option, in which case directly after installing, you can use
the FIPS application by copying it onto a windows boot disc and booting that.

What you should do is have a 1gig Windows C:\ and put a 10MB Linux /boot
partition after that. Following that it doesnt matter where the other partitions
go - presumably a large linux / and a large windows D:\

You can create the Linux partitions during the Linux install and use the
excellent "Ranish Partition Manager" (again by copying onto a boot disc and
running it off that to create the windows D:\ (I say this because you could in
theory use Windows FDISK but it might get confused by the Linux partitions but
Ranish wont)

search Google or something for Ranish. It's postcardware.

Hope that's clear

Paul

ERiddle cottoninc com on 09/05/2000 15:15:27

Please respond to redhat-install-list redhat com