Re: Perl/Apache install problems

Sorry for the lateness of this reply. I did not have an Internet
connection for the last few days. I would recommend that you not use the
src rpm unless you know how to build it. I hear this is not difficult, and
someone on this list can undoubtedly help you. However, it does mean that
you will have some extra steps involved. You might try downloading the
binary rpm from Red Hat's ftp site. then you can just install it as
normal. If you already have things installed in different directories, you
might be able to do the following:

rpm --nodeps <packagename>

This will cause the installer to ignore dependencies.

I hope this helps you. Otherwise, maybe someone more knowledgable than me
can provide you with more options. Best of luck.

Victor