Re: Dell Laptop Install Help

"Brian A. Bucher" wrote:

> I would say you could probably find drivers on the manufacturer's web site.
> You can make a boot disk with the format command in DOS.  Do a format /? to see
> a list of options.  Unfortunately, I don't know if you can make a DOS bootdisk
> from a Win95 window.  These questions are probably better answered by someone
> else, either on this list or on a Windows/DOS discussion forum.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... the last time I tried, I think to make a MSDOS boot
disk from a MS DOS shell window thingy.... I think the command was...

  C:\> FORMAT A: /S /V

  The /S ... means to transfer the system files
  The /V ... means to prompt for a volume label when format is done

I think the default format will do a 1.44MB floppy so there shouldn't be
any extra commands.  If the /S is left off of the format command, then
the system files can be copied to the floppy with a ... (I think)...

  C:\> SYS A:

..command.

Tyler
| Tyler Nally                Sr Programmer Analyst          phone 317.817.7077 |
| tnally iquest net          InformIT.com                     fax 317.817.7232 |
| tyler nally informit com   Macmillan USA Inc.         Indianapolis, IN 46290 |
|    "It said ... `Requires Windows 95 or better' ... so I installed Linux"    |