kppp needing root password

All,

I'm quickly setting up a linux laptop for use by a development team
making a demo next week - although the machine installed RH6.2
flawlessly, when configuring kppp to allow dialing back into our
corporate network, the root password is always required - thereafter
everything works correctly!

Unfortunately, I don't have all my usual notes with me and I can't
remember ... can someone let me know what configuration I need to tweek
to allow users to use the ppp link without needing the root password.

Cheers,
    Richard

--
Richard Barrass