Re: Dell Laptop Install Help

Karl,

Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to make the boot disk. However, when I tried to access the CD drive I received the error, "invalid drive". I used the the same drive letter "d" that works under Windows98. I just don't why I can only read the drive in Windows98. It seems impossible to install Linux on here without an internal CD Drive.

Open a DOS window and at a command prompt enter SYS A: (assuming the disk
is in A:). The SYS command copies the OS files and the COMMAND.COM file.

Karl L. Pearson
Senior uniVerse Database Analyst
Senior Unix/NT/Win Analyst
karlp colubs com