Re: diehard processes

kill -9 <pid>

(man kill) The "-9" says to send a signal 9 which is called SIGKILL, and
is most ruthless, as opposed to the gentler (-15) SIGTERM.

See also "man killall" for a more specialized utility.

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 08:24:33PM +0200, Sebastiaan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> how can I kill processes which won't die with the normal termination
> signal (15). Some processes crash, and I can not kill them, but they keep
> eating processor and memory usage.
>
> Greetings,
> Sebastiaan

Cheers,
--
Bob McClure, Jr.            | This is Linux Country.
Bobcat Open Systems, Inc.   | Email viruses?  Hmm.