Re: diehard processes

On Thu, 11 May 2000, Sebastiaan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> how can I kill processes which won't die with the normal termination
> signal (15). Some processes crash, and I can not kill them, but they keep
> eating processor and memory usage.

using the 9 signal should put a end to the offending programs once and
for all.

if the program grep is taking up so much time and refuses to answeer to
the 15 signal just try,

killall -9 grep

But please be warned that this immediately terminates the program without
giving it any chance of saving its data etc...

Grendel

Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)