LILO, NTLoader, BIOS, HardDrive, etc....

1)  Wow, I bet you guys can't wait for another LILO question.

	I have a Dell Dimension XPS-T450 with a plug-n-pray BIOS that allows
me little control over my C/H/S settings.  I have Windows NT workstation
installed on /dev/hda1 (FAT) and an NTFS partition on the remaining space of
that disk (/dev/hda2), I know Boo, hisss.  I installed Red Hat Linux 6.x on
/dev/hdd.
	I can boot from the floppy that I made (which is an interminably
long process) and wanted to use either LILO or the NT loader to configure
for a multi-boot system.  The problem is, when I go to start up Linux I get
nothing but "01 01 01" across the screen,
	Through my research, I have come to suspect that the problem has
something to do with the actual drive geometry and that reported by the
BIOS.  When I used LILO I got the 01's, when I used the NT loader with a
"bootsect.lnx" entry in boot.ini, I got the 01's and when I set /dev/hdd as
my first boot drive (kind of a neat feature) in the BIOS I got the 01's.
	How can I fix this discrepancy so that I don't have to boot from the
floppy?

When I run /sbin/lilo I get:

WARNING: /dev/hdd1 is not on the the first disk
WARNING: BIOS drive 0x82 may not be accessible
WARNING: BIOS drive 0x82 may not be accessible
WARNING: BIOS drive 0x82 may not be accessible
WARNING: BIOS drive 0x82 may not be accessible
Added linux *
Added WinNT

All help will be received with GREAT joy.

2)  While I'm at it, I remember something about the mdrecoveryd not being
required for most installations.  What is it and how do I disable it if I
decide it is superfluous?

Regards,
Robby Tanner B.E., B.Sc.
Project Engineer