Lilo help

I have a system w the following drives:
hda	10.5 Gig w RH6.1 boots fine from lilo
hdb	1.8 Gig formatted by Win98, empty, Fat32
hdc	2.5 Gig w Win98 installed
hdd	CD-Rom

At the Lilo prompt I enter 'dos' and and get
Invalid system disk
Replace the disk and press any key

If I switch the ide cables between hda and hdc the system boots right up
into Windows. What am I doing wrong? Why can't Lilo boot my Windows drive?

This is my lilo.conf
# more lilo.conf
boot = /dev/hda
timeout = 50
prompt
  default = linux
  vga = normal
  read-only
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
image = /boot/vmlinuz-2.2.12-20
  label = linux
  initrd = /boot/initrd-2.2.12-20.img
  root = /dev/hda9
other = /dev/hdc1
  label = dos
  table = /dev/hdc1

On the line 'other' and 'table' I have tried /dev/hda, /dev/hda1, /dev/hdc,
and /dev/hdc1 and various combinations.
I've read quite a few Lilo Howto's and they all seem to want to boot your
option of os from the same hd. Nowhere can I find info on booting to
different drives. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance
Jim Morton