Q: how to configure sound and modem

hi,

    i am new in linux and i am wondering on how to setup my
modem and sound card in redhat linux 6.0 here's my
devices/specs:

        Lucent Technologies Soft Modem AMR (internal COM5)
is this linux compatible?
        Crystal WDM Audio Codec
            (Acer Travelmate, Celeron 400 mhz)

    i am receiving this msg while trying to setup my sound
card

        "the ff error occured running the modprobe program
        /lib/modules/2...../misc/....... sound device or
resource busy?

    what does this mean?

    any info/advice is highly appreciated. thanks in
advance.

=) jeff (sorry, dont know which mailing list i am going to
send this msg to...pardon)