From: Rizwan Mohammad <rizwan clovertechnologies com>
To: redhat-install-list redhat com
CC: clamhm hotmail com
Subject: Re: Access NTFS partition in a Linux/NT dual boot machine
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 21:51:45 +0530

Hi Calvin,
From the /usr/src/linux dir give the command "make menuconfig" (as
root). u will get a menu. Be careful to select or deselect anything to avoid
unwanted trouble. Press the return key on the Filesystems pad and select NTFS
support (read only) and the next one of readwrite ( if u need it ). Exit and
save this configuration.
From the command prompt ( in the /usr/src/linux dir ) type these three
commands
# make dep ( it will take some time )
# make clean
# make bzImage . ( ' I ' is Upper Case)
u r now with a new kernel in the current dir as bzImage. To be safe just make a
copy of your old kernel image (/vmlinuz or /boot/vmlinuz) somewhere. now cp
bzImage /vmlinuz or /boot/vmlinuz and reboot.

Then simply mount the partition without the -t option.

Bye

Rizwan.