Jaap.Hogenberg@nl.abnamro.com wrote: Hi, I was kinda shocked by the performance differences that were shown in this article: http://www.aceshardware.com/Spades/read.php?article_id=145 with regard to the used compiler. This indicates that we would all benefit a lot from using CCC , or if you look at it the other way around, we all suffer a lot from having gcc as a default. Don't get me wrong , I like GNU and all that it stands for , but the difference is huge. So now I wonder: -Would "normal" programs see the same type of performance boast by recompiling using CCC ? Or is this typical to benchmarks ? -Is GCC being maintained actively (wrt alpha's) and will it get better for RISC cpu's ? -Are CCC and GCC fully compatible ? grtz, Jaap -- To unsubscribe: send e-mail to axp-list-reunsubscribe