Re: 8 Gb limit

On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 12:48:36PM -0500, Michael Rubin wrote:

> With all this talk of HD limits going around, could anyone tell me if
> there is a command to check hard-drive space?  Is it in /proc somewhere?
>
> Thank you.

Any user can execute

  df

which stands for "disk (space) free".  It shows allocated, used, and frre
space of each mounted partition.  "man df".

If you want to see allocated (but not used or free) space of all
partitions, mounted or not, use (as root)

  fdisk -l /dev/hdx

where "x" is "a" for the first drive, "b" for the second, etc.  "man
fdisk".

Cheers,
--
Bob McClure, Jr.            | This is Linux Country.
Bobcat Open Systems, Inc.   | Email viruses?  Hmm.