Re: PAM and POP/IMAP

You can use Linuxconf to add just POP users that don't need a
home/username directory or "real" login.

As for SQL authentication, I've no idea. I've tried to stay away from
authentication on remote servers because reliability goes way down the
more "parts" are involved... For example, our corporate IT guys decided it
would be nice to put our mail servers on Novell (against my
recommendations). When the ILOVEYOU virus hit, everyone's email died,
except mine, which is on RH5.2 and has been up for over 4 years with only
*user error* caused unscheduled downtime (I'm the only user that caused
that but it was for less than 30 minutes).

Karl Pearson
Senior Systems Analyst/D.B.A.
karlp colubs com