how to work out with more than 1024 cylinders

I would like to install RH 6.1 on a clean 9GB drive.   During the start
of installation however, I came to the window  where I now have to
partition the disk having 1027 cylinders using fdisk.  As I need to
create customized size partitions for /, /var, /usr, /usr/src, /opt and
/tmp, etc  I seem to be having a hard time creating these partitions on
the 'Linux native' on the below table (from fdisk).

    Device   Boot    Start    End        Blocks        Id    System
/tmp/hda1                   1    1024    8225248+    83    Linux native
/tmp/hda2     *      1025    1027         24097+     e    Win95 Fat16
(LBA)

It tells me I can create only 4 partitions, but I actually need more
partitions than that.   How do I work out having 0 Free bytes and
partition from there?

If there is an FAQ re my above problem please let me know.

Joel