solved: emtpy extended partition kills install (was Re:RedHat 6.1 installation reboots before writing partitions)

(This message was returned to me.  Sorry it's so delayed)

Thanks for all the information.  I looked at this again last night and
noticed something I hadn't seen before.  In NT's Disk Adminstrator, it
showed my 4 gig NTFS partition, then the free space was actually split
up into 2 boxes, both labeled as "free space".  When I clicked on one of

them, it said it was "free space on extended partition" while the other
one just said "free space".  Anyway, I deleted this extended partition
so that I only had one partition on the drive.  Then I retried the
RedHat install and it worked fine.

So why did this extended partition of free space cause the RedHat
install to just crash and not report any error?  And why didn't this
partition show up in Disk Druid during install?  Disk Druid only
displayed the NTFS partition.  This was with the latest boot image which

fixes the problem of NTFS partitions not being recognized.

I did run into another interesting issue that may apply to someone.
Actually, I should make that a separate post.  Thanks again to everyone
who responded.

Mike