Re: anonymous ftp permissions

On Sat, 13 May 2000, Paul B. Brown wrote:

> edit /etc/ftpaccess and remove references to anonymous.  Then edit
> /etc/ftpusers and add the user: ftp

Speaking of FTP, I installed ProFTPD <http://proftpd.net> and it is a
really super and extreme ly configurable FTP server.

It's configuration is based  on the Apache model and is superb and easy.

I would recommend it to anyone as a drop-in replacement for Wu-ftpd which
comes with the default linux distro.

Wu-ftpd has a lot of security problems, and it has to run as root where as
Pro-FTPD doesn't have to run as root.....

Kalum

Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)