Re: Dell Laptop Install Help

James Diefenderfer wrote:

> Karl,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to make the boot disk. However,
> when I tried to access the CD drive I received the error, "invalid
> drive". I used the the same drive letter "d" that works under
> Windows98. I just don't why I can only read the drive in Windows98. It
> seems impossible to install Linux on here without an internal CD
> Drive.

Boot your machine and try accessing your cdrom as usual, and cd into
it's dosutil directory where there is a .bat file to install while the
machine is aware of it's cdrom. Kinda nifty and worth a shot. I take it
you can't set your cdrom to be the boot source from your bios? Ric

--
:  Ric "Wayward" Moore   :  rmoore redhat com   :
:   "If you can afford it, you don't want it"   :