Re: Installation ? re: MySQL/ PHP/ Apache...

make sure that you have added the following lines with appropriate
information in the appropriate spots in your httpd.conf:

LoadModule php3(or 4)_module and path
AddModule mod_phpx.c
DirectoryIndex line should include index.php and index.php3

make sure that there is a section in the AddType section for <IfModule
mod_php4.c> etc. The php section should be in the file, and you can just
uncomment it. circa line 700 of httpd.conf If not, here is the one for php4:

<IfModule mod_php4.c>
   AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3 .php .php4
</IfModule>

This makes Apache parse php just as it does html; i.e serving the data
instead of printing it as text into the browser. This config also gives you
the handy feature of being able to name a file .phps (for "source") and
being able to share that with friends. I would guess that the absence of the
IfModule section is the cause of your problem. If you are using php3, you
should just be able to change the appropriate numbers...

john