From: Mark Lo [mailto:markloky netvigator com]
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2000 6:15 AM
To: redhat-install-list redhat com
Subject: can't telnet to port 80

Hi,

      I have installed my apache under Redhat Linux 6.0, I wonder why
can't I telnet to port 80.  Is it a default security issues.  Also, my
web server is running as nobody for both user name and group name, and I
have a program which lets my user to upload the file into the
directories, so the user and the group 's file and directory must be set
to nobody as well,  I think this is a very insecure, because people can
always get in to my server by using the above user name and password.
So what is the security issues do i have to concern in the case.  Any
suggestions is helpful !!

Thanks

Mark