My email keeps disappearing

I am new at setting up a mail server in Linux. My POP server works just fine. At first I could not send mail because of the "we do not relay" error. I fixed this by reconfiguring the /etc/mail/ip_allow" file. In short, I can now send and receive mail, but the mail is never retrievable, even from the linux machine itself. For example, I sent mail from the root user account to another account. No errors occured. When I switched to the second account nd checked my mail, it was nowhere to be found. If you have ny suggestions, please reply ASAP to qbtim yahoo com

Thanks for your help,
qbtim