Re: FTP mirroring

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Dimitri PAPADOPOULOS-ORFANOS wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This may be a bit off-topic, but I am trying to mirror a RedHat
> FTP mirror locally for DHCP/NFS installation.

> For example, using wget on mirror ftp.free.fr, I lack directory
> RedHat/instimage/usr/lib/python1.5

hmmm....why is this...I suggest that you add the robots=off option as it
will then ignore any robots.txt files which ask wget not to go to certain
directories..

Could you also post the command that you type to invoke wget, maybe this
is the problem...and also what version of wget that you use..

> Which software / settings / site would you recommend to setup
> a local RedHat FTP mirror?

wget is more than enough, it is a great piece of software..

Grendel

Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)