booting problems

I have Redhat Linux 5.2 (Apollo version). When I initially installed the system--by the way on an older system than which I will talk about--the boot process went well. It gave no errors. The system I first installed Linux was on a 486DX, with 16MB ram, generic motherboard, AMD processor and a  3.2 GB hard drive. The system would boot with no problems.

I then transferred the hard drive to another system that had a slightly better processor performance. In essence, it was a year or two newer than that of the system that booted without problems.

When I transferred the hardrive, at first the boot process appeared normal, but as it continued, it reported errors and would not boot. Some of the errors listed were:

1. While opening UTMP file: No such file or directory.
2. INIT: Panic segmentation violation! giving up.
3. INIT: ID "1" respawning too fast: disable for 5 minutes.

The system in which I am now talking about is composed of a 90MHZ Pentium processor, Pentium board made by Micronics with Pentium chipsets. I used the same hardrive that boots fine on the other system ( 3.2GB) and had 15MB of ram. This system produced the errors that I listed 1-3.

Are there any suggestions that come to mind? Or, are there any web sites that give a fairly detail account of system errors. What come this possibly be?

Thanks for you cooperation.
Alvin