Problem with local on Redhat 6.2 ?

Hi all,

I am having a problem with the rc.local script. In previous installations Local was the last service (script) to be loaded before the login screen. Because of this fact, most firewalling books that I have read requires the script to be placed in rc.local. RedHat 6.2 does NOT load local on bootup (my firewalling script does not initialize, and it checks out with a manual run). I was wondering is there something I am missing (service being started etc ) ? any help would be appriciated

Ed