Re: Can't mail the list

> > I'd bet you're logging in and mailing from the root account. That gets
> > detected and forwarded directly to /dev/null.
> >

> And why is that?
>
> Sebastiaan

Security, security, security. Root is a protected account and exists
on every *nix machine. Therefor it is /dev/nulled in many applications
or rejected. Qmail for example refuses to send any root mail, sendmail
provisions that root mail should be received by a non-root account.
Root should not be run as a default but only when you need to do something
in god mode. If anyone manages to sniff your password as root they own
your machine. Internal root mail is acceptable but never external.

HTH
Henri

"Perfectly normal, perfectly healthy." Adam Carrola