RE: Can't mail the list

On 21-May-00 Sebastiaan opined:

> On Fri, 19 May 2000, Uncle Meat wrote:
>

>> On 18-May-00 Darryl Gibson opined:
>> > Hello List,
>> >
>> > Now I'm having a ball with RH 5.2, but my replies to messages from the
>> > list disappear? The messages appear in Netscape's "sent" mailbox, but
>> > they don't show up on this list!? I have to use my DOS box to post.
>> >
>> > Ideas?
>>
>> I'd bet you're logging in and mailing from the root account. That gets
>> detected and forwarded directly to /dev/null.
>>

> And why is that?

I don't know _WHY_ it's set up that way, just that it is, or it was just a
few months ago. Most likely still is.

I know I had the same problem when I first installed a couple of years ago.
I found out it was that way by accident. I later saw the same info written
to new users who asked about the same problem. The answer was that that's
the way it is. Can't recall any reason given.

You could ask redHat. They own the ML and create the rules for it.

---
Who am I? Why am I here?