Re: Apache doesn't work in 6.2

I get the same Forbidden error and I have even changed ALL the subdirectories permissions. I did these changes:

[root dereksbox /]# chmod a+r /
[root dereksbox /]# chmod a+x /
[root dereksbox /]# chmod a+r home
[root dereksbox /]# chmod a+x home
[root dereksbox /]# cd home
[root dereksbox home]# chmod a+r httpd
[root dereksbox home]# chmod a+x httpd
[root dereksbox home]# cd httpd
[root dereksbox httpd]# chmod a+r html
[root dereksbox httpd]# chmod a+x html
[root dereksbox httpd]# cd html
[root dereksbox html]# dir
index.html  main.html  poweredby.png
[root dereksbox html]# chmod a+r index.html
[root dereksbox html]# chmod a+x index.html
[root dereksbox html]# chmod a+r main.html
[root dereksbox html]# chmod a+x main.html

I did the a+r so that you could read the directories and the files, then I did the a+x so that you would be able to access everything ('man chmod' told me to use the x for the directories).  Even after all that I still get the Access Forbidden to / directory message.  /home/httpd/html is the root directory as set in httpd.conf.  The httpd user is nobody and it is running on the normal port 80.  What is wrong with this?  I am using version 1.3 of Apache and RHLinux 6.2 as well.

Point Of Reference for me:
Would the command 'chmod a+r+x'  be the same as typing 'chmod a+r' then 'chmod a+x'?
Also, how do I find the owner of a specific file/folder from the terminal and allow access to it for specific users, such as nobody, and not just all users?

Derek